A whole roasted head of Cauliflower served on Lemon Myrtle chimichurri. This dish is enough to set a table in awe of its beauty and flavour.
The lemon myrtle is the hero flavour in this herbaceous, spicy sauce. Paired with the creamy roasted cauli this is a dish that the whole family will absolutely love!
For the cauliflower
1 small cauliflower
For lemon myrtle chimichurri
70gm roasted macadamia nuts
2tbls red wine vinegar
1tsp dried lemon myrtle
½ bunch parsley roughly chopped
2 long red chillies diced, and seeds removed
3 garlic cloves
1 tsp salt
3 turns black pepper
40ml macadamia oil (or regular olive oil)
1 long red chilli, de-seeded and diced up
Dusting lemon myrtle powder
Preheat oven to 200C degrees.
- Boil a pot of heavily salted water and place the cauliflower in, place the lid on and cook for 10 minutes.
- Once the 10 minutes of the cauliflower is done, Place in the oven and cook for 25 minutes or until the cauli is roasty toasty and delicious looking.
- In the meantime, in a blender or mortar and pestle add the macadamias blend till crumbly, take out 2 tablespoons worth and place in a bowl for later.
- Add in the red wine, parsley, lemon myrtle powder, long red chilli, garlic, salt and pepper and blend or grind to a rough paste. Pour into a bowl and add the oil, mixing everything together.
- Take the cauliflower out of the oven, and let rest briefly.
- In a serving plate, mix the lemon myrtle chimichurri and place at the bottom of the plate. Tear apart the cauli and place on top, sprinkle over the fresh chilli and macadamias that were reserved along with the powder.
Looking to try Lemon Myrtle? Request a sample.