500g chicken wing flaps (wingettes)
(i.e., the middle part of chicken wing)
4 cups of vegetable oil
For Chicken Wing Seasoning:
• 2 tsp garlic powder
• 2 tsp onion powder
• 1 tsp Five Spice powder
• Salt and pepper, to taste
• 1 tsp pepper
• 1 tsp lemon myrtle powder 1 tbsp
• 2 tbsp olive oil (mentioned in method)
• 2 tbsp minced onion
• 1 tbsp minced garlic
• 1 tsp lemon myrtle powder 11⁄2 tbsp
lemon myrtle oil 11⁄2 tbsp fish sauce
• 1 tbsp honey
• 2 tsp chilli powder
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. Rinse chicken wings under cold water then pat dry with paper towel.Combine chicken wing
seasoning in a shallow bowl and add the chicken wings. Toss to coat then allow to coat the
chicken wings. Let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
2. In a large pot over medium heat, heat 4 cups of oil to 180°C. Divide chicken wings into 2 batches
and fry each batch until golden brown or cooked through. Drain on a plate or tray lined with paper
towel to absorb excess oil.
3. In a saucepan, Heat 2 tbsp oil in a frying pan over medium heat. and Sauté the onion and
garlic powder for 1-2 minutes or until fragrant. Add the other flavouring ingredients and cook
for around a further 2 minutes. and then Add the cooked chicken wings into saucepan and toss
until evenly coated.
• Serve chicken wings with a side of garden salad.
• If using an air fryer, place chicken wings without overlapping in the air fryer. Cook at 180°C for 15
minutes. Flip chicken wings onto other side and increase temperature to 200°C and cook for 5-6
minutes, until the wings are crispy to your preference. Follow step 3 to cook the sauce, season
the chicken wings and serve.